LAST UPDATED: SEPTEMBER 26, 2020
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we may collect information when you send us an email, subscribe to receive updates, make a donation, make a purchase, submit content, sign up to get involved, sign a petition, request assistance, request information or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we collect may include your name, mailing address, email address, phone number, credit card information, and other information you choose to provide.
In addition, where applicable, the Federal Election Commission (FEC) may require us to collect certain information from donors who donate more than $200 per calendar year, such as your name, mailing address, occupation, and employer.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Site
When you access or use our Site, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: We log information about your use of the Site, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address, and the page you visited before navigating to our Site.
- Device Information: We may collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Site, including the hardware model, operating system and version, device identifiers, and mobile network information.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information, and this may include sending cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that helps us to improve our Site and your experience, see which areas and features of our Site are popular, and count visits. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as “tracking pixels” or “clear GIFs”). Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Site or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness, and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see “Your Choices” below.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Site. For example, if you make a donation to Our Second Right through a third-party website, such as PayPal, we may obtain certain information about you from the third party that operates that website.
We may also use such information for list matching and other purposes.
USE OF INFORMATION
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Site and send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Provide and deliver the information or assistance you request, process donations and transactions, and send you related information, including confirmations and receipts;
- Respond to your emails, submissions, comments, questions and requests, provide customer service, request feedback, and otherwise contact you about your use of the Site;
- Send you newsletters and otherwise provide you with information or services you request or that we think will be of interest to you, such as sending you information to keep you informed about various campaigns, candidates, issues, events, resources, promotions, contests, products, and services;
- Help connect you with other supporters, and to solicit volunteers, donations, and support for Our Second Right and for candidates, issues, and organizations that we support;
- Comply with applicable Federal elections laws and contact you if other information is necessary under such laws;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Site;
- Personalize and improve the Site and provide advertisements, content, or features that match user profiles or interests or that are based on the information you provide or the actions you take; and
- Notify and contact contest or sweepstakes entrants; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
Our Second Right is based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by US law. By accessing or using the Site or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the US and other countries.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
- With vendors, consultants, and other service providers or volunteers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- With candidates, organizations, campaigns, groups, or causes that we believe have similar political viewpoints, principles, or objectives or share similar goals and with organizations that facilitate communications and information sharing among such groups;
- To report required information to the Federal Elections Commission, including name, mailing address, occupation, and name of employers of individuals whose contributions exceed $200 in a calendar year (for additional information, visit the FEC website at fec.gov);
- When we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or legal processes or respond to lawful requests, claims, or legal authorities, including responding to lawful subpoenas, warrants, or court orders;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of Our Second Right, its employees, volunteers, constituents, or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any reorganization, formation of a successor organization, asset sale or transfer, financing or lending transaction, or in any other situation where personal information may be disclosed or transferred as one of the assets of Our Second Right; and
- With your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you through our Site that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
We may also share aggregated or anonymized information that does not directly identify you.
All the above categories exclude text messaging originator opt-in data and consent; this information will not be shared with any third parties.
If you sign an online petition, you understand that such petition is public information and that we may make the petition, and your name, city, state, and any comments provided in connection therewith publicly available. In addition, we may provide such petitions or compilations thereof, including your comments, name, city, and state to national, state or local leaders, or to the press.
Social Sharing Features
The Site may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button), which let you share actions you take on our Site with other media, and vice versa. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
Our Second Right is committed to ensuring that your registration information is protected while you are on our Site. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction, during transmission and once we receive it. Our goal is to provide a high quality service with the best possible online experience.
Our Second Right takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
Limitations of Warranties and Remedies
To the full extent allowed by law, OUR SECOND RIGHT disclaims all warranties, terms or conditions, express or implied, either in fact or by operation of law, statutory or otherwise, including warranties, terms, or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and warranty of noninfringement. OUR SECOND RIGHT neither assumes nor authorizes any other person to assume for it any other liability in connection with SERVICES FROM OUR SECOND RIGHT TROUGH THE SITES. liability OF OUR SECOND RIGHT will not exceed the fee paid by the customer for the PURCHASE of the products. In no event will OUR SECOND RIGHT be liable for any incidental, consequential, punitive, or special damages, including, without limitation, lost profits or revenues, even if OUR SECOND RIGHT has, or should have had, any knowledge, actual or constructive, of the possibility of such damages.
Choice of Law and Venue
Additional Provisions Regarding Liability
The parties agree that the foregoing limitations will not be read so as to limit any liability to an extent that would not be permitted under applicable law and specifically will not limit any liability for gross negligence, intentional tortious or unlawful conduct, or damages for strict liability that may not be limited by law.
In the event we go through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of our assets, your personally identifiable information will likely be among the assets transferred.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Site.
You may opt out of receiving text messages, updates, and newsletters by following the instructions in those emails or text messages. If you opt out, we may still send you other types of emails, such as those about your use of the Site or any donations or transactions.